Saturday, September 11, 2010

Day 2 39th to 100th

What an awesome day! There were so many people who honked as they passed, some stopped and made donations. Got a few hugs. One group of well-wishers even brought me a turkey dinner! Started on 39th, walked down to Murray Park and took in the farmers market. Then headed back to State St. to 61st and took off to the Greek Festival for some awesome food and entertainment. Then back on the road again, finishing up at 100th South where we took another diversion and ended up in the 911 Healing Field. So sobering…



4 comments:

  1. Steve,

    What a beautiful way to start the week off! I passed you walking this morning in Draper around 12000 S State St. Seeing you walk filled me with gratitude and I could not go without supporting such a worthy cause.

    God bless you and all those whose life's you will touch. Including mine!

    Sherr

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Inspiring!! Following you all the way.
    ~ Jen Griffin
    The P.L.A.Y. foundation
    Dallas, Tx.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am the youngest daughter of Arvel and Doris Smith and you won't remember me but I remember you and your awesome attitude and great family

    I found your website by accident. This was posted on Richard Paul Evans fan page on Facebook and thought you should know.. "Ali Kruger -greatful for Steve Wahlqusit and his walk for another disabled child. What a selfless act!!! God Speed Steve. Walkstevewalk.com

    So good to see what you are up to. My prayers are with you through this great endeavour!

    Love,
    Ann Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ann Marie! You probably don't know this, but when we were trying to come up with a name for my little brother, I wanted him named after my two favorite people - your dad and Charlie Brown. So nice to hear from you. How is your family? Thanks for your message. I am glad you found me.

    ReplyDelete