Friday, September 10, 2010

Launch!

Had an exciting morning. All four local TV news stations showed up. We had a great showing at the Torch with friends and family. Some of them walked with me to Liberty Park where we met up with Kevin (see the website for Kevin's story) and his whole family. We launched balloons, did a live radio interview and got filmed for the TV news. I was supposed to walk over to State Street and then down to 33rd, but I was feeling so good I kept going down to 39th and the Worlds First KFC.

We were invited to lunch at the Pizza Pie Cafe in Highland. They also donated a bunch of coupons for a free buffet and invited us to sell them to raise money for the kids. Anybody hungry?

Check out the map below for today's walk. Tomorrow we will start at 39th and State at 8:00 am and continue down Highway 89 into Sandy. ) Hope to see you there!

 (Click on this button for tomorrow's map)  View Interactive Map on MapMyWalk.com



1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of you, hun. You are going to change the lives of some precious kids. I'll support you all the way. ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete