Friday, September 17, 2010

Day 7 - Center St Orem to 500 W and Bulldog, Provo

The WalkSteveWalk Benefit Concert was a blast! We set up in Heritage Park by the creek, plugged in and started jammin'. I did some kid songs, and being Constitution Day, I also did a little patriotic stuff, finishing up with everyone joining in "God Belss America." People stayed till it was too dark to see. Thank you all for coming and for the generous donations!

The highlight for me came at the end. Several people came after dusk, and it was hard to see any faces because they were silluetted, but as I was winding down I noticed Kevin had made his way almost to the bottom of the hill where I was playing. I didn't know until then that he had come, and he brought his extended family with him. It was so great to meet them. I did some extra songs for Kevin, took a few requests, and by then it was almost totally dark.

Had a short day walking. Actually I developed some blisters (note to self: Duck Tape cannot prevent blisters in areas where it is not applied). And we had to chase down music equipment for the concert in the park. We also had a lot of packing to do. We picked up the trailer and the truck and now we needed to get it loaded for the trip further south.

For now it's off to the Hampton Inn in Provo. See you guys tomorrow. Oh, btw, videos tomorrow!!
WHERE'S WALLY?

Today's walk.
View Interactive Map on MapMyWalk.com

Proposed Route for Sat Day 8

View Interactive Map on MapMyWalk.com

2 comments:

  1. Great job, Steve. I didn't know about your plight, until today. I saw you walking down State St in Orem. I saw your support vehicle, and remembered your website. I wasn't sure what you were walking for, but the thought that you were out doing something so difficult, and seemingly alone much of the time, I teared up at your sacrifice. I wanted to yell out the window and give you my support, but by the time I could, you wouldn't have heard me.

    Keep up the good work! I'll follow your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg Kevin is adorable. I love him already. Keep on doing great things and people will follow. "If you build it, they will come" I have faith in you!!!

    ReplyDelete